Cars is a video game based on and considered a sequel to the film of the same name. It is available on Game Boy Advance, Microsoft Windows (PC), Nintendo DS, Nintendo GameCube, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable (PSP), Xbox, Xbox 360, and Wii.
- The King, Darrell Cartrip, Wingo, Sally, and Count Spatula are playable in this game but not in Mater-National or Race-O-Rama. DJ and Boost are also playable in the High Speed Heist mini game, meaning that they have playable data by default. The same applies to Luigi (who was playable in the Luigi to the Rescue game) but he is already playable in Mater-National and Race-O-Rama.
- El Guapo, Papo, and the Piston Cup Cars are the only AI characters to not appear in any future installments.
- This is the only game to feature Piston Cup races.
- The Xbox 360 and Wii versions included additional minigames - Mater's Countdown Clean-Up and Ghosting Mater.
- The PSP version includes exclusive opportunity to play as Lizzie, DJ, Boost and Snot Rod.
- Powered by Rainbow Studios' engine. The PSP version uses Havok, for what it's worth.
- The PC version seems to be a direct port of the original Xbox version, as many (if not all) file formats are identical in size and extension.
- Xbox 360 models and textures can be interchanged with Cars: Mater-National and Cars: Race-O-Rama on both the PC and Xbox 360.
- This game uses the RES container format.