These characters could be available as DLC in the future. Alts will no longer have their own character slots but will now be available through a skin selector on the customisation screen (this will also apply to Mater the Greater who is already in the game)
- Next-Gen Lightning
- Gold Rust-eze Lightning
- Lightning as Chester Whipplefilter
- Classic Lightning
- Team McQueen Mater
- Tokyo Mater
- Sports Coupe Cruz
- Rust-eze Racer Cruz
- Doc Hudson
- Doc as the Fabulous Hudson Hornet
- Classic Ramone
- Team McQueen Sarge
- Team McQueen Fillmore
- Team McQueen Luigi
- Team McQueen Guido
- HTB Racer Chick
- Cal Weathers
- Danny Swervez
- Chase Racelott
- Stock Demolition Derby Racer (no image available yet)
- All tracks from Cars 2: The Video Game (with the exception of the two Oil Rig tracks) could be available as DLC.
- Practice - A race without any opponents.
- Fuel Frenzy - Collect gas cans to replenish your constantly draining fuel.
- Hunter - Hunt down and destroy opponents. (Instead of stock lemon cars, opponents are now other playable characters)
High Quality Character Textures
Character textures (and only character textures) are slightly blurry, so an optional high quality texture pack could be available as a free update sometime in the future.